Thursday, February 3, 2011

Grilled Chicken and Pear Salad

Veggie Shopping at Ferry Plaza Market in SF     
When I have lettuce in the house, salads are my fallback. My kids like it because I let them put whatever they want on them besides the main ingredients and I like them because generally there are lots of veggies and protein involved.

Grilled chicken breasts are another fallback. A secret I learned after many nights of forgetting to thaw chicken is that if you wet it a bit, any dry seasoning will stick to them then you can throw them on the grill, get some good grill marks then move to a cooler part of the grill (medium heat) and let them cook through. Definitely check it with an instant read thermometer or by cutting into it first, though. The grilled pears were a last minute thought since they were a bit on the crispy side. We simply threw them on the grill to get marks and warm them then pulled them off.

There isn't really a recipe since this was a "Cook What You've Got" night at its essence. We had blue cheese (little cubes of cheddar for the boys), we had some dried cherries and pecans so those got thrown in, then I made a simple shallot balsamic vinaigrette. Any dressing starts with a basic ratio of 1 part acid to 3 parts vinegar, so again use what is readily available and you'll come up with a great salad dinner, too!

(For a great set of dressing recipes, download my Rock Star in the Kitchen Recipe Collection)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome. I value your comments. If you think you would like to use my site for your personal advertising purposes, I would appreciate you emailing and asking me first. I've had a recent outbreak of SPAM, so I'm a little cautious. But legit conversations are always welcome.

Thanks, Christi

Copyright 2012 TablaVie Personal Chef Service

All photos and recipes may not be used without express permission from Christi Flaherty, owner and creator of Cook What You've Got Concept and blog.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...