Friday, February 4, 2011

Easy Winter Menus

Mid-Winter Veggie Box
Okay, admittedly, many of my posts start as "a little of this, little of that" cooking, but then end up as actual recipes.  Although I prefer to not follow a recipe, many people I know prefer to follow a recipe instead of cooking off the cuff.  These friends are also usually brilliant scientist/accountant types who are amazing bakers because they follow a recipe.  So for that reason, this website is a recipe website and I like to share with you when I do create new things.

However, since CWYG is a kitchen lifestyle, then sometimes there are days when creating and/or following a recipe is just not possible. On those days, I just need a simple grilled meat and sides kind of dinner that doesn't require much creative brain power and uses the veggies from my box.  (Usually on project or writing week when I'm in the thick of homework with my kids.)  So here are my go-to winter dinner menus:

1)
  • Roasted Vegetables with Butter and Lemon (Romesco Sauce is great if you feel adventurous or have some in your freezer after following my recipe in Rock Star in the Kitchen Recipe Collection.)
  • Salad with Bacon, blue cheese (or whatever we have), walnuts and vinaigrette
2)
  • Grilled Wild Salmon Burgers (very little extra stuff and good quality from Costco)
  • Parsnip Fries
  • Steamed Broccoli for boys, braised greens for the big people
3)
  • Sauteed Boneless, Skinless (usually from frozen state!) Chicken Breasts with pan juices*
  • Boiled baby potatoes slightly smashed with butter and lemon zest
  • Roasted Cauliflower (Break into florets and roast at 375 degrees with olive oil, sliced garlic, salt and red pepper flakes or black pepper.  Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice or a light sprinkle of red wine vinegar.)
4)
  • Twice Baked Potatoes with spinach and broccoli (Bake potaotes, mash the insides with yogurt or sour cream, cooked chopped spinach and broccoli florets.  Stuff into shells and top with cheese. Bake until hot and melty.)
  • A basic green salad or veggie sticks
 *Want tips for how to roast vegetables until carmelized or how to create a delicious pan sauce from any sauteed meat?  Or even how to make several meals with just a few recipes, download my CWYG - The Basics Recipe Collection

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Welcome. I value your comments. If you think you would like to use my site for your personal advertising purposes, I would appreciate you emailing and asking me first. I've had a recent outbreak of SPAM, so I'm a little cautious. But legit conversations are always welcome.

    Thanks, Christi

    Copyright 2012 TablaVie Personal Chef Service

    All photos and recipes may not be used without express permission from Christi Flaherty, owner and creator of Cook What You've Got Concept and blog.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...