Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies - Gluten Free

On the days I'm not cooking for clients are prepping for a cooking class, my days are spent at a coffee shop.  I'm surrounded by noise, listening to my favorite tunes and looking at, thinking about and developing recipes for food.  These are my favorite days.  I'm in my happy place.  

Today, though I was also seeing a deluge of rain falling incessantly beyond the warm walls of my "third place". Milk and cookies became paramount to making the day better.  I don't even know where the peanut butter and jelly thought came from.  I rarely have PB&J worthy bread sitting around.  I usually make the crunchy crusted European style bread from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day that prefers to be topped with only good butter and acompanied by a frothy cafe creme. (I happen to be married to a would-be barista that can perfectly duplicate the cafe cremes we came to love in the cafes in France.)  But there it was, I suppose the comfort factor was part of it, but as I tend to do, a simple PB&J wasn't going to do the trick.

But cookies, that would work.  Peanut butter cookies with my kids making a thumbprint and filling it with the really good European style strawberry jam I had just picked up.  It was a romantic cookie-making daydream but I was going to make it happen.  

Four Ingredients...That's All.  You have them right now.  Go look!  (As soon as you're done reading and commenting on this post, that is.)

CWYG Stats

CWYG Items - Peanut Butter, Eggs, sugar, jam

Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
Makes 1 1/2 -2 dozen cookies depending on how big they are.
1 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
1 cup sugar (I use organic unrefined sugar which is also called evaporated cane juice)
1 egg
Strawberry jam (or whatever you like) as needed

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the peanut butter, sugar and egg in a large bowl.  Form into 1" balls and place 1" apart on a cookie sheet.  Make a thumbprint in the middle of each and fill with about 1/2 teaspoon of jam.

Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are just starting to brown.

1 comment:

  1. These are DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing! I am definitely posting this to my blog and pinning this to pinterest! Blessings ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Welcome. I value your comments. If you think you would like to use my site for your personal advertising purposes, I would appreciate you emailing and asking me first. I've had a recent outbreak of SPAM, so I'm a little cautious. But legit conversations are always welcome.

Thanks, Christi

Copyright 2012 TablaVie Personal Chef Service

All photos and recipes may not be used without express permission from Christi Flaherty, owner and creator of Cook What You've Got Concept and blog.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...