Thursday, August 11, 2011

My first tomato harvest - Pasta Caprese

It's not much, but it made me proud.  So I made it pasta!

Having just moved to a new home and not being able to cook, I couldn't wait to get to it after days of take-out and ready to grill meats and salads from Fresh n Easy.   Cooking helps me feel settled so even amidst boxes, I had to do it.  So after pulling out the necessities and clearing off the counter, I "cooked".

Summer "cooking" really doesn't involve much.  For this recipe, it was simply a couple of bocconcinis (3" size fresh mozzarella balls) torn into pieces along with these beautiful tomatoes (look for a variety of shapes, sizes and colors), basil and the few green beans which I blanched and removed prior to cooking the pasta.  Tossed together with olive oil, chunky grey salt, freshly ground coarse pepper, and a little sherry vinegar to brighten it up, we had a beautiful and quick dinner.

I have to admit though I did get a picture of the tomatoes readily awaiting the olive oil (notice the brilliant colors) I got distracted and neglected to take pictures of the finished product.  So make it yourself and send me the pictures to see how your finished product turned out!!



Copyright 2011 Christi Flaherty, TablaVie Cooking Classes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome. I value your comments. If you think you would like to use my site for your personal advertising purposes, I would appreciate you emailing and asking me first. I've had a recent outbreak of SPAM, so I'm a little cautious. But legit conversations are always welcome.

Thanks, Christi

Copyright 2012 TablaVie Personal Chef Service

All photos and recipes may not be used without express permission from Christi Flaherty, owner and creator of Cook What You've Got Concept and blog.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...