Monday, November 21, 2011

Breakfast Rice Pudding - Vegan!

So it's holiday week and 3 of the 4 of us are sniffling and coughing.  The boys requested rice for breakfast and since dairy is completely unappealing to me under these circumstances, I stayed away from the cheese they put on theirs.


All I had was arborio rice so I cooked it like the rice in this recipe.  All I could think about was how good rice pudding sounded so I made a quick version.  A little coconut milk, salted almonds and whole organic cranberries.  It is so good and so soothing to a scratchy throat.  I just got a message from a friend who listed a multitude of food allergies and though I'm thankful I don't have to deal with that, I couldn't help wondering if she could have this.  She can!  (If you're reading this MP, try this today!)

Enjoy even if you're not sniffling and coughing (and I hope you're not!) And remember to consider what you are thankful about this week.

Print Page Copyright 2011 Christi Flaherty, Cook What You've Got

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome. I value your comments. If you think you would like to use my site for your personal advertising purposes, I would appreciate you emailing and asking me first. I've had a recent outbreak of SPAM, so I'm a little cautious. But legit conversations are always welcome.

Thanks, Christi

Copyright 2012 TablaVie Personal Chef Service

All photos and recipes may not be used without express permission from Christi Flaherty, owner and creator of Cook What You've Got Concept and blog.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...