Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Quick Fish Tacos - Great Use for Tuna

So I've been hooked on the idea of a toasted corn tortilla with avocado since I first read about it on Shutterbean.  And apparently it's avocado season since they are extremely affordable (2/$1) everywhere.

While the simple tortilla and avocado was a great snack (so good in fact, I ate three in a row), I was needing some protein today for a more substantial lunch.  An empty cheese drawer led me to look at the half a can of tuna sitting on the counter after my tuna-loving son had made a sandwich.  Drained well, folded it into the charred tortilla and topped it with the avocado salsa I had quickly chopped together, it was so completely great, that it will become a regular lunch.

Bonus...no mayo or dairy means only good-for-you fats, no gluten since it was a corn tortilla, high-quality protein from the tuna.  I'm feelin' pretty good right now!   Thanks Tracy for the great idea!!

Print Page Copyright 2011 Christi Flaherty, Cook What You've Got

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect meal to take to work, yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, great lunch!! Thanks for coming over. It was fun spending time with you guys and can't wait to do it again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome. I value your comments. If you think you would like to use my site for your personal advertising purposes, I would appreciate you emailing and asking me first. I've had a recent outbreak of SPAM, so I'm a little cautious. But legit conversations are always welcome.

Thanks, Christi

Copyright 2012 TablaVie Personal Chef Service

All photos and recipes may not be used without express permission from Christi Flaherty, owner and creator of Cook What You've Got Concept and blog.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...