If you live in the Midwest or North, you may have to print this and start a notebook to have menus for next month. In California, due to our more temperate climate, we generally have seasonal veggies a little earlier. Those in the deep South such as Texas and East may find that we are a little behind your season. Regardless, my site has recipes for all seasons, so you can always do a search for whatever you have on hand. (Look midway down on the right column for the Custom Google search box.)
This week's veggies (unless otherwise noted these are in my veggie box):
- German Butterball Potatoes
- Tomatillos (picked up on deep sale)
- Cilantro (picked up on deep sale)
- Jalapenos (picked up on deep sale)
Here's what I've got so far (in no particular day order):
- Smoky Chicken Soup (Avocados are on sale for 2/$1 and I have frozen corn.)
- Grilled Steelhead Trout with Roasted German Butterball Potatoes and Garlic Sauteed Arugula.
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup (I will probably add in the turnips with this.) with Fried Leeks -Slice well-cleaned leeks and fry in 1/2" of light olive oil.
- Spinach and Bacon Salad with Grilled Chicken
- Reuben Sandwiches and Buttered Potatoes (for St. Patty's Day)
- Chilaquiles (Tortilla strips with tomatillo sauce and cheese.)
Print Page Copyright 2011 Christi Flaherty, Cook What You've Got